New year’s resolutions: 2014 editionPosted: December 31, 2013
I did alright with my 2013 resolutions. They were all successes except for the “get more exercise” one — because in the course of attempting that, I tore my Achilles tendon at the gym in May. As it turns out they take FOREVER to heal. Curses!
Anyway, here are my resolutions for 2014. You could just as equally call this post “writing goals” because that’s what they are.
1. Celebrate the launch of Isla’s Inheritance in October (or thereabouts). Convince as many of you as possible to buy it.
2. Finish writing and editing the third book in Isla’s trilogy, so it’s ready to go to Turquoise Morning Press when they ask for it. (My goal is to write a minimum of 2000 words a week. I know that may not seem like much, but I’m time poor. This is why I write so slowly.)
3. Find a home for Lucid Dreaming, whether that be via the agent/traditional press route or the small press route.
4. Start writing something else. Possibly a sequel to Lucid Dreaming, although there’s that Steampunk I’ve been thinking about for aaaages.
5. Read. I’ll set my Goodreads target to 40 again, see how it goes.
What about you? Do you do the resolution thing? Or, even if you don’t, do you have 2014 goals?