I’m a mother, author, editor and geek. I live in Canberra, Australia’s bush capital, with my son and two Cairn Terriers. I have a serious coffee addiction and a tattoo of a cat — despite being allergic to cats. I’ve loved to read since primary school, when the library was my refuge, and love many genres — although urban fantasy is my favourite. When I’m not reading or writing, I engage in geekery, from Doctor Who to AD&D. Because who said you need to grow up?
My latest release, RHEIA, came out in October 2018.
I live in Canberra, Australia, and therefore my day job is as a public servant. But I feel very lucky because I get to edit things. I’m addicted to coffee.
I love almost anything by Joss Whedon or the Doctor Who team. And I have a soft spot for Castle, because Nathan Fillion. Other than that, I don’t tend to watch TV. I always mean to, and there are some shows that I enjoy if I remember to watch them (including True Blood, Once Upon a Time and Sherlock) but … well, I never do!
Links to places where I’ve been interviewed:
- General interview with Valerie Rian
- Character interview of Isla, at Stacey Nash’s blog
- Writing dialogue, at Marcy Peska’s blog
- About Isla’s Inheritance with Nicole Evelina
- On Isla’s Inheritance and writing in general, with Ashlee Bye at The Australian Times (interview starts at p32)
- Interview, with Jennifer Anderson at her blog
- About the Isla’s Inheritance trilogy, at PaperFury
- About Lucid Dreaming (and other things), at Aussie Owned and Read
- About writing in general and Lucid Dreaming in particular, at I Heart Books
My guest posts
Links to my various guest posts at other blogs (excluding my Aussie Owned and Read posts — you can find those here):
- Grounding the reader in your spec fic, at K. A. Last’s blog
- Scheduling your social media, at Laura Catherine’s blog
- Inspiration, with the Sassy Sisters
- Paranormal road trip: Australia, at From the Shadows
- Accidental themes and being human, with the Undead Duo
My review policy
You may have noted that I post reviews here on my blog. However, I’m not primarily a book blogger, and I don’t take review requests; I post reviews for books I happen to be reading and felt strongly enough about that I wanted to share my thoughts with others. Please don’t ask me to review your book — as my local grocery says, refusal may offend.
Although that makes me wonder exactly how they refuse! 😉
You can find a list of useful links here.