Bookstagramming, my wayPosted: September 9, 2016 | |
I know I’ve mentioned from time to time that I am on Instagram now. Like Twitter, I joined Instagram because I had a vague thought that it might be a good idea to have an author profile there. But, also like Twitter, I’ve very rapidly fallen in love with #bookstagram, where book obsessives take smexy photos of books and post them for all to fangirl over. It appears to my creative, visual art-y side. And my book obsessive side.
It’s really interesting, seeing the different approaches people take with their styles, or feeds; some people have a combination of different looks, while others have a definite overall theme: books with lights, books with food, messy book pics, abstract book pics … you get the idea.
After a bit of playing around, I discovered that my favourite sort of photo to take was one with a crisp white background and white colours; the below picture is a screenshot of my most recent nine photographs. That doesn’t mean I don’t do other styles, but that combination predominates.
Here are things you can expect from my posts if you follow me:
- Crisp white backgrounds and bright colours (duh)…
- PopVinyl figures. Because my son and I have around 80 of the adorable little suckers, and I might as well get some use out of them!
- Pokemon, because I am a Pokemon Go addict and my son owns a bunch of plushies and toys.
- Fake flowers and candles, as these are basically compulsory for bookstagram photos.
- The occasional geeky paraphernalia, because that’s how I roll (dice) (see what I did there).
- Some photos of finished colouring projects.
- (Sometimes even my books, because they are very pretty, if I do say so myself.)
And even if you don’t follow me — if you don’t have Instagram or just don’t love me that much 😉 — I’m sure I’ll keep posting the occasional picture here, when I review a book that I’ve read in paper format. So you won’t miss out!
Do you like free things?
Just a reminder: the Isla’s Inheritance ebook, the first book in my young adult urban fantasy series, is available free from the following retailers: