New year’s resolution update: partial successPosted: August 20, 2013
There are four months (plus change) left in the year, and I decided it was time to review how I was going on my new year’s resolutions:
1. By the end of the year, I will have either found an agent or publisher, or will look at indie publishing routes for Isla’s Inheritance and its sequel.
2. I will finish writing another novel. (I’d aim for two but, let’s be honest, I don’t have that much spare time!)
Check! *dances turn into Kermit flails*
3. I will edit my second book and see if I can find some beta readers for it, so it’s ready to go.
Now I’m done drafting Melaina, a full edit of Isla’s Oath is next on my to-do list. I should be done by the end of the year, barring fire or flood. (Please no fire or flood. I’ve had enough disasters for a while!)
4. I will stop being a cagey, secretive writer with people I know personally. I may be a wannabe published author but, with two novels completed, I can probably say I’m a writer, at least. :p
I ticked this one off back in January. Time to stop being so afraid to say what my hobby is. (I was scared of looking pretentious, like one of those people that says they’re a writer but never seems to write. Even though I was writing. I know it doesn’t make sense, but since when does logic enter into anything?)
5. I will get more exercise. I will use the gym at work: it’s free and I really have no excuse.
I was doing well with this until I tore my Achilles tendon. It’s getting better, though, so it’s definitely time to get back on the horse. Treadmill. Thing.
Did you make any new year’s resolutions? How are they going?