My book purchases so far for 2014Posted: March 30, 2014 Filed under: On Books | Tags: reading 5 Comments
I think I have a problem. I’m sure I’m not unique in having this problem, especially among the type of folks who are likely to read my blog.
My name is Cassandra and I’m a bookaholic.
After Emily Mead shamed me into ordering a copy of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (no I haven’t read it yet SHUT UP THAT’S WHY), I was looking at all the other books I’ve got either on order or have already received.
These are my book buys for the first quarter of 2014, in order of purchase:
- Sky Song by Sharon Sant
- The Young Moon by Sharon Sant
- Not of Our Sky by Sharon Sant (Sharon had a sale on and I love her The Memory Game so I snapped these up)
- Sleeper by S. M. Johnston
- Immagica by K. A. Last
- The Problem With Crazy by Lauren K. McKellar
- How to Write Descriptions of Eyes and Faces by Val Kovalin (non-fiction — obviously)
- Trajectories by Tess Grant
- Spider by Jennifer Anderson
- Forget Me Not by Stacey Nash (I received an ARC of this but then bought a copy for a friend, so that counts!)
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Unclean Spirits by Chuck Wendig
- The Cormorant by Chuck Wendig
- Wicked After Midnght by Dehlilah S. Dawson
- The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
- Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House by Geronimo Stilton (for my son)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Splintered by A. G. Howard
I also bought Shadows by Paula Weston but that was a gift for someone, so that doesn’t count…right? And I received Twelve Steps by Veronica Bartles free (my review of it is scheduled for 4 April as part of the book launch blog tour), so I haven’t included it.
The saddest part of all this is that I already had more than 50 books on my TBR pile. And so far I’ve read three and a half of the books in the list above.
How many books have you bought this year? Please tell me I’m not the only one with this addiction!
I made a *promise to myself to stick to a new novel per month this year because I knew I had too many things on the first half of 2014, so far it’s working out OK, trouble is there’s a BIG pile of hard or paper cover novels & a few non-fiction works, next to my bed that are starting to give me the evil eye!
You know the answer? Don’t have them next to the bed. :p
Oh, I’ve bought so many more than you, so don’t feel bad! Luckily, my mother-in-law gave me a fairly large Amazon gift card for Christmas (to fund my book addiction), so I didn’t have to feel guilty about most of my book purchases. But I also have to buy at least one book (often 2 or 3) every time I visit my favorite book store, which I do at least once (or twice – or three times) each month. So yeah, lots of book buying here. But we’re also a family full of avid readers (most of my kids read 4-5 books per week), so they don’t pile up! ❤
So far, I’ve bought about 10 books per month. By the end of 2014, there might be more than 120 books, though (the New Year’s resolution might lose its power). Book addict. 😀
[…] My book purchases so far for 2014 → […]